giovedì 9 maggio 2019

Andrej Tarkovskij in Sicily - Rondi's fight



July, 23, 1980 Taormina
Lay in the sun. Was interviewed by two journalists. Tilda has arrived from Rome but still hasn't telephoned me. Early to bed.

July, 24, 1980 Taormina
Narymov has arrived with a very pretty daughter. Surikov wired to tell me to come a day earlier. To hell with them. I shan't have time to do anything in Rome.
There was a big, fairly boring press conference, and after it Rondi congratulated me on my success.
Incidentally, in the evening, at supper, Rondi almost had a fight (! ?) with the waiter because he wouldn't bring him coffee from the bar. There was quite a little scene.
I rang Franco in Rome. And Brigitte Fossey's agent rang to say that Fossey is prepared to
drop everything to come and film with me. (Discuss it with Norman, urgently. Tomorrow I'll ask Rondi to talk it over with Fichera, he is arriving here tomorrow; Golumbino is already here.)
Larochka! Tyapus! Dakus! How I miss you all! Please God we shall see each other soon. Tomorrow morning I'll try and ring Moscow.

Andrej TarkovskijThe Diaries1970-1986

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento