lunedì 20 novembre 2017

A meadow in my perfect world





There is a meadow in my perfect world
Where wind dances the branches of a tree,
Casting leopard puts of light across the the face of a pond.
The tree stands tall and grand and alone,
Shading the world beneath it.

There will come a day when I rest
Against its spine and look out over a valley
Where the sun warms, but never urns …

I will watch leaves turn.
Green, then amber, then crimson.
Then no leaves at all…

But the tree will not die.
For in this place, winter never comes …
It is here, in the cradle of all I hold dear,
I ward every memory of you.

And when I find myself frozen in the mud of the real
Far from your loving eyes, I will return to this place,
Close mine, and take solace in the single perfection
Of knowing you.
Emily Lambert

Taylor Sheridan, Wind River, 2017

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento